image

Celebrating 94 Years of Rotary

Organized April 26, 1918          
Chartered June 25, 1918          

Club No. 1801        

Sponsoring Club - The Rotary Club of San Antonio

 

Charter Officers

Dr. James H. Eastland, President

John C. Fanning, Vice-President

R.B. Cousins, Jr., Secretary-Treasurer

Rev. Charles T. Alexander, Robert H. Beetham, William H. Mercer

The Rotary Club of Mineral Wells has been active in community affairs since its organization on 1918.  The first, and oldest, service club in the area, it has been recognized as a leader in all civic matters.  Its members have likewise been recognized as leaders in their respective fields, "Service Above Self" is more than a mere club motto.  It, together with the "Four-Way Test," are the inspiration of all devoted Rotarians.

Clubs Sponsored

The Rotary Club of Weatherford
Organized February 8, 1921       Chartered March 1, 1921

The Rotary Club of Stephenville
Chartered May 24, 1946

The Rotary Club of Granbury
Chartered May 13, 1978

 

District Governors

1977-1978 - Dr. H. Arthur Zappe
Then District 579, now 5790

1995-1996 - Janet Holland
She was in the first class of eight female governors

District Conferences

As one of the earliest Rotary Clubs in Texas, we were recognized as a leader among the clubs.  Seven district Conferences have been held in Mineral Wells:      

          • March 27-28, 1922
          • May 2-3, 1932
          • April 24-26, 1949
          • March 7-8, 1954
          • March 9-10, 1958

District Assemblies

Since the inception of District Assemblies, Mineral Wells has entertained six:

          • July 6, 1945
          • April 17,1959
          • June 23, 1967
          • May 24, 1992
          • June 12, 1993
          •  May 19, 2001 (New MW High School)